Huelva Carnival 2019 (Carnaval Colombino de Huelva)
The carnival is one of the most important events in Huelva and it is usually celebrated between February and March.
The carnival in Huelva is also known as El Carnaval Colombino, in honour of Christopher Columbus, who sailed from the port of Huelva on his journey that led to the discovery of the American continent.
Huelva Carnival 2019 (Carnaval Colombino de Huelva) - February 15th - March 16th 2019
The carnival celebrated in Huelva is actually one of the biggest in Andalusia, the largest one being the carnival in Cadiz.
The most important events of the carnival which you shouldn't miss if you are ever in the area are:
- The Carnival Parade
- Entierro del Choco
- The big dance to end the carnival
Schedule 2019 - most important dates
March 2nd 2019
- Event: Cabalgada de Carnaval - Carnival Parade in Huelva
- Time: 17:30 h
- Route: the parade starts in Plaza de las Monjas
March 9th 2019
- Event: Entierro del Choco - Burial of the sepia
March 16th 2019
- Event: Grand Baile Fin de Carnaval
- Time: 22:00 until 23:30
- Location: Salón Acebuche Huelva