Almeria Carnival 2020 - Dates and Schedule
Almeria is part of Andalusia, probably the most beautiful part of Spain, but this is of course a personal opinion.
Like many other cities in Spain, Almeria celebrates its own carnival, usually sometimes between late January and March.
The carnival is a time full of color and music, when the party atmosphere takes over the entire town and everyone is out and about, celebrating on the streets.
Almeria Carnival 2020 - Carnaval de Almeria: 16 February - 1 March 2020
The dates of the carnival change each year, depending on Easter, since Shrove Tuesday is celebrated each year exactly 47 days before Easter Sunday.
But the carnival celebrations in Almeria last for around 2 weeks and the most expected events usually are the parade and then the burial of the sardine.
Provisional calendar for the 2020 carnival in Almeria
This is only a provisional calendar and times, dates and locations for these events may change. We will update this article as soon as we have more info about the 2020 edition of the carnival in Almeria.
Sunday, February 16th
- Event: Parade by the comparsas Levante and Poniente
This is a new addition to the carnival this year, which will also bring a lot more surprises for the participants.
Saturday, February 22nd
- Event: Carnival on the streets of Almeria
- Location: Mirador de la Rambla
- Time: 11:00
Workshops for the kids, kid's party and also activities for the entire family
Sunday, February 23rd
- Event: Carnival parade
- Time: 12:00
- Location: from Plaza Circular, goes through Pase de Almeria, Obispo Orberá and Avenida Federico García Lorca until it reaches the Rambla Amphitheatre.
The parade goes through several parts of town and it is a moment when you should come in costume and celebrate along with the locals.
- Event: Fiesta de la Sobrasada
- Time: 13:00
Sunday, March 1st
- Event: Burial of the sardine
- Time: 12:00
- Location: Las Almadrabillas Park
The Burial of the sardine (Entierro de la sardina) marks the end of the carnival in Almeria. It is celebrated on Sunday at 12:00 in the Las Almadrabillas Park.
- Best Villas and Apartments: we always use Airbnb for holiday rentals
- First Time Airbnb Users: if you sign up from our link you will get a 41€ discount for your first Airbnb reservation.
- Looking for a hotel? Booking.com is our top choice for hotel reservations.
- For tours and excursions, we recommend using Get Your Guide, since they offer free cancellation up to 24 h before the activity starts.